Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Haere Mai

Kia ora, my name is Felix Rua. I was born last night at 10.48pm at The Royal Prince Albert Hospital in Sydney, Australia, to my New Zealand Mother Adrienne and my British born New Zealand Father Lee. My brother is Jarvis Tahi who was born in Auckland, New Zealand in 2004. My birth took 2-hours and I am very grateful to my Mother for bringing me into the world safely. As I snuggled up to my Mother, freshly born, my Father heard a familiar sound from down the hallway. He went to investigate and saw on the TV, a choir singing the New Zealand national anthem. He took this as a wonderful omen, that even though I am born far from my homeland, I am a son of Aotearoa.

I weighed 3.86 kilogrammes (8lb 80z) and am 50cm long with dark wavy hair and deep dark brown eyes like my Father's. I latched onto my Mother's breast fine and hopefully with the assistance of the wonderful staff at RPA, I will be able to breast feed with ease.

Thank you for all the best wished that have been sent to our whanau from all over the world, and I hope you come back and visit this site often, as I will have lots to show you over the coming years.

Lots of Love, Felix Rua x




6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay what a gorgeous family.. take care xx

Girlie said...

This is wonderful! I like that you have a blog for each of your children.

Bradley and Jack said...

Hello Felix.

Wow, it is so exciting that you are here in this wonderful world!! My name is Bradley and I am a Hamilton born New Zealander but live in Taranaki now where my Mummy and Daddy grew up!

You are so lucky to have a cool big brother like Jarvis and he has so much fun that you too will no doubt get to do all the same cool stuff one day!

I am going to keep looking at your blog and watch you grow up!

From Bradley

Bradley and Jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bradley and Jack said...

I forgot to ask you if you have heard of a book called "children of Aotearoa"? it is a lovely story about all of the children that belong to Aotearoa. If only Mummy could find it she would write down the author etc. It is very worth getting!! Let her know if you want to know more and she will work harder to find it.

MaryL said...

Hello Baby Felix,
Welcome to the world!

I hope you will grow up and have the same fun as your big bro' Jarvis.
You have awesome parents, and if you need a French Au Pair some day, for you, Jarvis (and why not a baby sister?), I'd be happy to help you out...

Anyway, I hope you'll help your dad and be nice during the ABs matches in 40 days.

Love,
from a French fan ;)
MaryL