Monday, June 9, 2008

One Determined Wee Man

I got an excited text from Lee this week when Felix walked his first steps on his own, he has been furniture surfing for some weeks and then on Wednesday he stood on his own and took a couple of steps. He was so proud of himself. We bought him a leap frog walker/ride on, which is pictured below. It doesn't feel like we have bought him many things at all, as he has inherited all of Jarvis's clothes and toys, so we really haven't had to buy anything.

He loves his walker/ride on. He's still too small for the ride on, but walks behind it quite happily. He spent ages yesterday walking up and down the path, while Jarvis rode his new scooter up and down. Felix loves being outside, but once outside, its very difficult to get him back in again. I was putting the washing out yesterday and left him inside playing with his toys as the ground was all wet and horrible, only to turn around to get some more washing to find him behind me. Somehow he had managed to wedge the door open and crawl out in the muck - he was delighted!

If you don't do what Felix wants you to do, he growls at you, for example if you attempt to come back inside once he has made his way out, he growls an all mighty growl. If he grabs your fingers to walk and you don't get up he growls, and this morning he wanted me to get up and I wasn't quick enough and he bit me - I have two huge teeth marks on my shoulder, it bloody hurt! He really is one determined wee man, it will be interesting to see what kind of boy he is!

Adrienne





No comments: